How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins Fast – Varicose veins or spider veins are large, swollen and twisted veins that usually occur mostly on the legs and feet. Varicose veins cause poor circulation of blood in the body system. One may exhibit symptoms like swollen feet and ankles, muscle cramps and aching legs.
Constant pressure on the abdomen can cause varicose veins. If you discover any sign of varicose veins, it is important to seek treatment immediately.
Women are the major victims of varicose veins. Usually, the likelihood of developing varicose veins occurs during pregnancy.
Pregnant women have a lot of blood in their body system which leads to more pressure on their circulatory system.
Their hormonal level change also leads to the relaxation of their blood vessel walls which increases the risk of having varicose veins.
The varicose veins tend to disappear after pregnancy; however, this is usually not the case.
After pregnancy, some women still have varicose veins embedded in their system which may be visible.
Causes of Varicose Veins
Earlier said, varicose usually occurs in the legs.
This is because gravity affects the veins furthest from the heart which makes it harder for blood to flow back to the heart.
When this occurs, blood clotting occurs in the veins; hence, swollen and enlarged veins in the legs.
The following are causes that increase the risk of having varicose veins.
- Gender: Varicose veins affect women more often than males as stated earlier on.
- Genetics: Often varicose veins often run in families. One might come from a line of a family generation that usually has varicose veins. These genes may be active and if one is lucky, they may be dormant.
- Obesity: Being overweight increases the risk of varicose veins. Excess fats reduce efficient blood circulation in the body
- Age: The risk of developing varicose veins increases with age due to the wear and tear on vein valves.
- Jobs: There are jobs that require one to stand for a long while. An individual who has to spend a long time standing at work may have a higher chance of having varicose veins.
Signs and Symptoms of Varicose Veins
- Aching or heavy legs
- The sudden appearance of spider veins in the affected leg
- A brownish-yellow shiny skin discoloration near the affected veins
- Redness, dryness, and itchiness of areas of skin, because of blood clotting building up in the leg
How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins – 5 Best Home Remedies
I bet you are itching to know how to get rid of varicose veins. Below are ways on how to get rid of varicose veins.
1. Exercise to Reduce Varicose Veins
Getting regular exercise is an efficient remedy on how to get rid of varicose veins. Regular exercise can help to reduce inflammation and strengthen blood flow amongst other benefits. Moreover, sitting or standing for a long while without moving around is a major cause of varicose veins. Staying motionless for a long while makes it difficult for the veins to pump enough blood to the heart.
Besides, engaging in healthy exercise routines can also lower your blood pressure and contribute to weight loss. Below is a list of exercises you can engage in to get rid of varicose veins.
This is one of the easiest and safest exercise routine one can engage in. Get into an open space and sprint over short distances.
If you experience pain while running, take it slowly and start by walking. You can engage in long-distance walk and over time and switch to jogging. In time, you should find sprinting over short and long distances easily.
This is a low impact exercise that stretches the veins in your leg region. You can choose to cycle indoors or outdoors.
You can register for a swimming class if you do not know how to swim. The continuous pace involved with swimming works the muscles around your legs and arms. You can try different swimming strokes to works the different kinds of muscles.
Other recommended exercises include leg lifts and side lunges since they help to prevent pressure that causes varicose veins.
2. Essential Oils for Varicose Veins Treatment
Essential oils are very useful in reducing inflammation, maintaining hormonal balances and improving blood flow to the body. If you need help on how to get rid of varicose veins, essential oils are a way out.
There are different kinds of essential oils. One of the most effective for treating varicose veins is cypress oil. It comes from a coniferous tree with flattened shoots that bear small scale-like leaves.
Cypress oil for Varicose Veins
- Rub about 5 drops of cypress oil on the area with varicose veins.
- Do this 2 times every day till symptoms disappear.
If peradventure you experience any form of skin irritation or muscle aches, try using other essential oils like lavender oil, peppermint, tea tree.
Use them in small amounts to relieve the problem areas.
3. Anti-Inflammatory Diet Foods for Varicose Veins
There are kinds of food that can be useful to get rid of varicose veins.
Certain diets can improve blood flow around infected areas.
More so, eating a poor diet can cause an increase in blood pressure, weight gain, and hormonal imbalances.
An anti-inflammatory diet does not contain an excessive amount of sugar, fats, and caffeine.
These diets are free of harmful toxins that can cause or worsen swelling of varicose veins.
See different types of anti-inflammatory foods that are suitable for getting rid of varicose veins below:
- High-fibre foods
Here is the best treatment for varicose veins, because fibre is a great dietary material that contains substances like cellulose. It helps to improve digestion. Moreover, fibre helps to prevent constipation which causes an increase in pressure on the veins.
Flaxseeds, vegetables, fresh fruits, sprouted legumes, and chia seeds are high-fibre foods to consume.
- High-antioxidant foods
Antioxidants foods contain substances that are rich in vitamin C or E which removes harmful oxidizing agents from the body. Besides, vitamin C is also a powerful anti-inflammatory and can improve the skin health.
Foods like green vegetables, berries, citrus fruits help against varicose veins and can improve arterial health.
- Magnesium-rich food
Increase the intake of leafy vegetables, avocado, bananas, and sweet potatoes to get rid of varicose veins.
These foods and rich in magnesium that can reduce blood pressure and inflammation in the affected parts.
- Spicy foods
Foods that you flavor with spice such as curry, pepper or cayenne can get rid of varicose veins. They heat the body up and ensure proper circulation of blood.
4. Gentle massage to Get Rid of Varicose Veins
Massage is an active solution on how to get rid of varicose veins. Moreover, it increases blood circulation reduces further twisting of the veins.
However, you should execute it very gently in people with a severe case of varicose veins.
Massage the legs or the affected area with gentle upward strokes but avoid using direct pressure on the affected veins. You can use olive oil for proper lubrication.
Add a few drops of essential oils for a soothing effect.
Massage reduces blood pooling in veins. It also reduces the risk of a thick mass of coagulated blood stuck together in the body.
5. How to Treat Varicose Veins With Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar provides many health benefits. One of them is getting rid of varicose veins. It is an easy and effective remedy on how to get rid of the varicose vein.
Apple cider vinegar contains substances that reduce swollen veins causing the contraction of skin cells and other body tissues.
Apple cider vinegar Remedy for Varicose Veins / Spider Veins
You can use or apply apple cider vinegar both internally and externally.
For internal use,
- Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to a cup of water and drink.
- You can drink it with or without the addition of raw honey.
- It has a detoxifying effect that helps to purify the blood, hence, increasing blood circulation.
For external use,
- Dip a clean cloth or cotton wool in apple cider vinegar diluted with enough water.
- Place the cloth over the affected veins.
- Its drying effect will serve its anti-inflammation purpose and also, relieve pain.
6. How to Cure Varicose Veins with the Help of Tomato
- Slice the green tomatoes into pieces and put them in the glass jar.
- Cover them with a cup apple cider vinegar. Seal the mixture for 2 days
- Put the jar in a cool dark place so it can diffuse well.
- Then apply the mixture to the affected area, leg, and wrap it up with adhesive bandage or gauge.
- Allow it to stay there for at least 40-60 Minutes.
- Then rinse it off with water
- Do this every day for at least 2 weeks for better results
You should note that people that are overweight are at high risk of having varicose veins.
Excess body fats put increased amounts of pressure on the veins which can contribute to inflammation.
Many times, it is difficult to access and treat varicose veins in overweight people because they go unnoticed.
hey usually grow deep inside the leg which causes it to become larger in size.
You may need to remove very severe cases of varicose veins surgically.
The patient is usually under anesthetic, a substance that induces insensitivity to pain, during the surgical operation (1).
You can avoid varicose veins by following safety precautions like keeping your legs raised and uncrossed when you sit down.
In addition, try to place your feet on a stool or another chair, when chanced, to improve the circulation in your legs.
Avoid standing still for too long and sleep with your feet raised on a pillow to reduce the likelihood of having varicose veins.
Anyone who has to stand for their job should try to move around at least once every 30 minutes.