What is a yeast infection?
Yeast infection home remedies – A vaginal candidiasis, also known as vaginal yeast infection is the fungal infection of the vagina that causes discharge, irritation and intense itchiness of the vulva (the tissues at the opening of the vagina) and vagina.
It is a type of vaginitis or swelling of the vagina. This infection affects up to 3 out of 4 women in their lifetimes at some point.
Even though this infection is not considered an STI (sexually transmitted infection), however, the fungus can spread through the mouth to genital contact.
There is yeast infection home remedies treatment discussed in this article.
Yeast Infection Causes
The fungus candida causes vaginal candidiasis. Your vagina naturally comprises a balanced mix of yeast, which includes bacteria and candida.
Lactobacillus bacteria make acid, which prevents overgrowth of the yeast.
In case the yeast mixture gets disrupted, this results in a yeast infection.
The following are some of the major reasons behind yeast overgrowth.
- Impaired immune system
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Use of antibiotic, which reduces lactobacillus bacteria in your vagina as well as changes your vagina’s pH level
- Taking hormone therapy or oral contraceptives, which increases levels of estrogen
Symptoms of Yeast Infection
Symptoms of vaginal yeast infection can vary from mild to moderate.
The yeast infection home remedies help in lessening the symptoms. Following are the major symptoms of this condition:
- Watery vaginal discharge
- Irritation and itching in the vagina and the vulva.
- Vaginal rash
- Swelling and redness of the vulva
- Vaginal soreness and pain
- Vaginal fishy smell
- A burning sensation, specifically while urinating or during intercourse
- Odor-free, thick and white vaginal discharge
Symptoms of Complicated yeast infection
- You will have uncontrolled diabetes
- You’re pregnant
- Severe symptoms, for example, extensive itching, swelling, and redness that leads to sores or fissures (tears or cracks)
- You suffer from yeast infections 3 to 4 times in a year
- Yeast infection is caused by Candida albicans
Yeast infection home remedies
Here is a list of top 7 Yeast Infection Home Remedies for Instant Cure
The vagina is home to a number of advantageous microbes that help in keeping disease-causing (pathogenic) microbes, such as Candida, in check.
When hormones or antibiotics disrupt this delicate balance, the yeasts grow out of control.
One of the most common yeast infection home remedies is to restore the population of friendly bacteria, specifically Lactobacillus acidophilus, by using yogurt.
A study was conducted in 2003 that concluded Lactobacillus recolonization of the vagina promises as a cure for yeast infections. Another review was published in the Journal of C hemotherapy in 2009; found that Lactobacillus strains help in treating bacterial vaginosis.
Take 2 tablespoons of yogurt and insert it into the vagina, as well as externally to the affected area and then leave it for a few hours before washing.
However, ensure yogurt has no added flavors, sugars or any other ingredients. You can soak a tampon in the yogurt and then insert for 2 hours after this remove it.
2. Avoid Harsh Feminine Products
There are several soaps that remove the natural protective oils of the vagina, thus these soaps are too harsh for the sensitive feminine anatomy.
The natural oils help in preventing yeast from developing.
Feminine hygiene sprays, perfumes, and douches decrease natural protective oils. Several toxic chemicals, such as alcohol, are present in these products that alter the sensitive pH balance of the vagina and then leave it more prone to yeast infection. Therefore, always use organic hygiene products.
3. Probiotics for Yeast Infection Treatment
If you are presently taking any form of a drug, the probability of a yeast infection is multiplied.
Eat probiotic foods or take a probiotic supplement, as this will aid in fighting and maintaining the natural gut flora that forbids fungus such as Candida from developing.
4. Organic Garlic for yeast infection
Among many other yeast infection home remedies, one common remedy is to eat several garlic cloves on a daily basis. Even though you will have bad breath, but the good part is that it will help in clearing up your yeast infection.
The organic garlic works because it possesses natural anti-fungal, antibiotic and anti-bacterial properties
How to apply it
- Cut organic garlic and peel off the skin
- Cut in half. Tie a rope around it for easy retrieval.
- Insert a fresh half in your vagina at night before you go to bed.
- In the morning, the garlic may come out when you poop.
- If not, many women find it is easiest to take it out on the toilet.
- But as I said earlier you can use the rope you tied around it to pull it out easily.
- It cannot get lost, but it can get pushed into the middle between your cervix and vaginal wall.
- Most people will taste the garlic as long as it is in there.
- If you are still tasting garlic?
- For easy removal, it cannot be overemphasized, tied a string through the middle of the garlic clove before inserting it
- Take it easy. Be careful not to scratch yourself with your fingernails.
Alternatively; you can apply organic garlic oil directly. Just poke a capsule of organic garlic oil on a tampon and insert it in the vaginal.
Do this consistent for 7 days. You will feel better and relieved.
5. Boric Acid for Yeast Infections
Studies 1 show that boric acid suppository pills appear to be very beneficial against yeast infections, specifically those infections that are caused by non-albicans species.
Another study concluded that suppositories of boric acid, have up to a 92 percent treatment rate when taken 7 to 10 days at night.
An article was published in the journal Diabetes Care in 2007 that proved that boric acid suppositories are also found to be effective against C. glabrata infections in women suffering from diabetes.
How to apply it
- You can easily make your own boric acid suppositories.
- Simply take size 00 gelatin capsules and fill them with around 600 mg of boric acid.
- Insert 1 capsule in the vagina for 1 week at bedtime as a standard yeast infection treatment.
NOTE: boric acid can sometimes cause vaginal burning, is toxic when used orally, and should not be used during lactation or when pregnant.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Yeast Infections
You can treat a yeast vaginal infection by using an organic ACV douche.
- Take 1 quart of water and mix 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (must be raw organic) in it.
- Add this mixture to the douche apparatus.
- Now douche the whole vagina gently using cotton dipped in the mixture of water and apple cider vinegar.
- Most health experts recommend doing this process twice a day until the symptoms of yeast infection are gone.
7. Tea Tree Oil for Yeast Infection Remedy
Tea tree oil can be used in a number of ways that not only prevent but also treat yeast infection.
This oil is very potent, thus make sure to dilute it before use.
Tea tree oil comprises of alpha-terpinene, gamma-terpinene and terpinene – 4 – ol, which slows down the growth of Candida albicans as well as kills the fungus that leads to yeast infections.
Tea tree oil decreases swelling and aids in restoring the balance of bad and good bacteria in your body.
Besides, tea tree oil has antifungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that help in treating yeast infection.
Other yeast infection home remedies that you can use are; coconut oil and cranberries.
Share this post with your friends and family on Facebook. It may help someone in need. Thanks!