How to Reduce Belly Pooch And Get Flat Tummy Fast – The lower abs is a major part of your midsection as it covers it and connects at the pelvis. It can be a very frustrating body part especially when it packs on fat. People with belly fat often get embarrassed by the look.
Luckily, there are ways to reduce belly pooch. If you want to get rid of belly fat, then you should eat less and move more.
When you engage in exercises, you are tasking your body to move more. Not all exercises are equal.
Some will task you more and specifically target your lower ab. We’ve curated the best exercises that will help you get a flat tummy. These lower ab exercises are simple and effective.
What Causes Lower Belly Pooch
- Hormonal changes
- Dietary Choices
- Bloating OR Water Retention
- Extra Skin
- The Anterior Pelvic Tilt
8 Lower Ab Exercises to Reduce Belly Pooch and Get Flat Tummy Fast
You must have come across numerous exercises on the internet that promise to help you get a flat tummy.
Fighting lower belly fat can be very tricky. It requires dedication and adherence to a weight loss plan.
You can include the exercises below into your daily exercise routine. These moves will help you remove the lower belly bulge by targeting your abdominal muscles.
They will maximize your rate of belly-burn and you will see improved results fast. Follow these moves below and you’ll lose belly pooch fast.
1. Resisted Single-Leg Stretch
The resisted single-leg stretch is a Pilates-inspired exercise. It works on your abs and deepens the engagement of your abdominals. The extended position of your leg makes the exercise more challenging.
Below is the direction on how to perform the resisted single-leg stretch.
- Begin by lying back on your back and bend both your knees into your chest. Make sure your feet are flexed.
- Lock your fingers together at the top of your right thigh.
- At the same time, stretch out your left leg and ensure it is parallel to the floor.
- Now lift your head and shoulders from off the floor.
- Curl up over the top of your ribcage while looking at your legs.
- Press your palms against your right thigh and tip your pelvis to bring in your right knee towards your chest.
- Switch your legs and push your palms against your left thigh.
- Extend your right leg parallel to the floor at the same time to make one rep.
- You can do 3 sets of 10 reps in a row.
To increase the difficulty, you can keep both your legs straight and press against the top of your thing.
You should then switch sides with a scissoring action as one leg pulls in.
2. Reverse Plank Hover
The reverse plank hover is a little more challenging but very effective. It engages not only your abs but every muscle in your body.
It is one of the best lower ab exercises you can find (1).
- Begin by sitting, making your legs extended, your feet pressed, and your hands outside of your hips. Make sure your fingertips facing forward.
- Press down while using your arms to bring your hips up some inches from off the floor.
- Now slightly bend your knees and ensure you keep your heels on the floor.
- Breathe in and engage your abs in deeper towards your back.
- Exhale and extend your legs out.
- At the same time, try to push your hips slightly behind the shoulders. Maintain this position for a second.
- Then bend your knees and bring your hips back under your shoulders and lower yourself gently to the floor. This will make one rep.
- Do 10 reps of 3 sets.
- Weight Loss Meal Plan- 7 Days GM Diet Plan for Quick Weight Loss
- The Ultimate Guide for Fastest Ways to Lose Weight: 22 Tips to Lose Some Pounds Now
- 7 Best Exercises to Get Rid of Back Fat at Home -Secrets You Never Knew
3. Crisscross Lift and Switch
The crisscross lift and switch comprises two lower ab exercises to form an effective Pilates.
This workout engages your lower ab muscles to accelerate your results.
Follow the instructions below to perform a crisscross lift and switch.
- Begin by lying on your back with your arms beside you.
- Stretch out both legs up pointing to the ceiling and crossing your leg over each other.
- Engage your abs, breathe in, and bring your legs down to about 45 degrees.
- Now breathe out and bring your legs back to your body.
- Lift your legs overhead and lift your hips off the floor.
- Use your arms to press down for support.
- Maintain this position for about 1-2 seconds and slowly roll back to starting position to make one rep.
- You can do 3 sets of 10 reps each.
4. Inching Elbow Plank
The inching elbow plank is one of the best lower ab exercises on this list to get a flat tummy fast.
This plank exercise engages your abs, shoulders, and arms. Here is a very good exercise to reduce the muffin top.
- Begin by assuming an elbow plank position with your hands clasped. Your feet should be slightly wider than a hip-width apart.
- Bring your left foot towards your hands and slightly lift your hips up.
- Take another step in quickly with your right foot and lift your hips some more.
- Bring your left foot in again and lift your hips higher.
- Do the same again with your right foot and make sure your hips end up high in a pike position.
- Slowly, return to the starting plank position to make one rep.
- Perform 3 sets of 5 reps each.
5. Frog Press Ab
The frog press is a beginner level exercise that works your abs, hips, and back.
It strengthens your core and glutes while also improving your stability.
You should definitely include this exercise in your daily routine as it is one of the best lower ab exercises.
- Begin by lying down with your face up and your knees bent and turned out.
- Ensure your heels are pressed together and feet flexed.
- Breathe in and bring your shoulders off the floor.
- Curl up over your ribcage while looking at your legs.
- Reach your arms outside of your hips and make sure your palms are facing downward.
- Now breathe out and press through your heels with your legs extended at 45 degrees.
- Squeeze the back of your knees together, inhale and bend your heels back into your body. This makes one rep.
- You can do 3 sets of 10 reps each.
6. Hip Lift Ab Workout
The hip lift is another workout that should be added to your lower ab exercises routine.
This exercise gives strength to the abs and obliques. Follow the instructions below to perform the hip lift.
- Begin by raising both your legs facing upwards.
- Ensure your legs are perpendicular to your torso and extend your arms out from your sides on the floor with the palms facing down.
- Breathe in and bring your belly button into your spine.
- Exhale and curl your hips towards the torso.
- Lift your hips some inches from off the floor while keeping your legs straight.
- Inhale and lower your hips slowly to the floor.
- Repeat this movement 10 times.
7. Reverse Crunch Ab Workout
The reverse crunch is one of the best lower ab exercises that you should include in your daily workout routine.
It is an efficient movement that can help you get rid of belly fat and at the same time, maintaining a strong core.
The direction below will help you maximize the muscle tension without feeling the pain.
- Begin by lying on your back and bend your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Ensure your palms are facing down and put your arms at your sides to aid support.
- Contract your abs and press your back into the floor.
- Then breathe out and curl your knees in towards your chest.
- Now breathe in and slowly lower your legs till your feet is almost touching the floor.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
8. Full Plank Twist
The full plank twist works your abs and obliques to give you a flat belly. This workout also trains your glutes, shoulders, and quads.
Full plank twist is an amazing exercise that will help you tone your waist and strengthens the muscles in the core. This is one of your best bets to reduce muffin top.
- Begin by starting in the plank position and make sure your feet are together. Also, shift your weight back.
- Slightly bend your elbows and your right knee bent also and bring it across the left elbow. Make sure your hips turn with you.
- Now return your leg to the starting plank position and repeat the movement with your left leg. This makes one rep.
- You can do 3 sets of 10 reps.
The lower ab exercises listed above are effective and specially designed to get rid of belly pooch fast.
These workouts will give you a flat tummy fast and give strength to your core at the same time.
Follow the directions and be dedicated to your exercise routine. You will witness a significant change in a short period of time with these exercises (2).
Remember, always eat healthily and avoid junks, processed foods, and alcohol.
Those will not benefit your body. It is important you steer clear from them.