Yoga Poses You Should Do Every Day – Most people have busy schedules, they do not to go to the gym or start jogging at the end of their day. But this doesn’t mean you can’t exercise or be active in order to look and feel better.
Whenever you have a little time, in the morning or in the evening, you can take advantage of the benefits of yoga. Yoga will help you relax and keep your body balanced and fit; this is why so many busy people choose to practice it.
If you want to reduce risk to depression and stress you need to start doing yoga regularly. According to a new research published by American Psychological Association (APA), claimed that multi-week regimen of yoga exercises are effective at reducing symptoms of depression
Top 8 Yoga Poses You Should Do Every Day at Home
So if you feel so busy or not, here are 8 yoga poses you should do every day in order to feel great and boost your metabolism
1. Cat and Cow Poses
These two poses are great because it stretches your back and warms it up for future poses. They work great if you’re having an office job, releasing pressure and discomfort from your back.
- The Cat Pose means to stretch your back toward the ceiling while sitting on your knees and palms, while the Cat Pose means to bend your back in the opposite direction while raising your chin up.
- Alternate these poses for a good stretching session, performing 5 to 10 of these poses reps.
- Just make sure to breathe right, inhaling as you arch your back and exhaling when you round it.
2. The Downward Dog
If you don’t know how to stretch your entire body, the Downward Dog pose will do that for you.
Stretching is more important than you may think, especially if you don’t enjoy physical activity, this is why the yoga poses you should do every day focus more on stretching.
- Kneel on your yoga mat and place your palms on the mat as well, with your fingers widely spread.
- Then raise your bottom, allowing your legs to straighten up, together with your arms, until you for an upside-down V.
- Push your chest a little toward your thighs, feeling how everything in your body stretches.
3. Side-Bend while Standing
This is another great way to stretch your spine and decompress it. This one of the easiest yoga poses you should do every day to feel better after sitting down for too long.
- Start this by standing up straight, with your feet together and your arms raised high above your head while inhaling.
- Bring down your right hand, placing it near your body,
- While taking your raised left hand above your head, bending your body gently to the left, while exhaling.
- Go back to the initial position, with both arms above your head while inhaling, and repeat this to the other side while exhaling.
4. The Cobra Pose
The Cobra Pose will help you open your chest and shoulders so you’ll enjoy a better body position and release tension from your back.
- Start by lying on your yoga mat with your face down, on your belly.
- Use your hands for support and push your upper body half up, while exhaling, until your arms are straight and your head is up, facing forward.
5.The Pigeon Pose
Your hips need to be stretched as well and nothing will do this better than the pigeon pose.
- Start by sitting in a plank position. Now bring your right leg toward your body, by bending your right knee.
- The right knee should be spread toward your right hand, while your right foot should get as close as possible to the left food.
- Just make sure to keep your back straight and your left leg long and straight as well in the back while relaxing your hips.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds while breathing and then switch the legs and repeat the pose.
6. The Happy Baby Pose
Believe it or not, this particular pose will help you relax, opening your inner thighs, lower back, and groin area and allowing tension and pressure to be released.
- These yoga poses you should do every day are meant to help you feel better, so don’t hesitate to try them out.
- Lie on your back on your yoga mat and grab the toes of your feet, by bending the knees and bringing them toward your chest.
- With the help of your hands, pull on your toes so that your knees are stretching toward your shoulders.
- With the elbows, gently press on your knees to keep them open, while breathing in and out.
- Do your best to keep this position for 30 seconds.
7. The Yogi Squat
This relatively simple pose will enhance your mobility and flexibility, also being called the “pose of youth”.
- Crouch down on your feet, placing your tailbone between your ankles and having your feet at a 45-degree angle for a better support.
- Your hands should be aligned with your chest, in a praying position.
- Press your palms together, while pressing your elbows against the inner side of your thighs at the same time.
- Continue breathing deeply and hold the pose for 30 seconds.
Read Next: 7 Best Yoga Exercises for Weight Loss & Belly Fat
8. The Corpse Pose
Although this may be one of the yoga poses you should do every day that sounds weird, it is all about getting your body relaxed and stress-free.
- The Corpse Pose means to lie on your back, on your yoga mat, with your legs slightly spread and hands relaxed along with your body.
- You don’t have to do anything else but rest and relax for a few minutes, in this pose.
- You will certainly feel lighter and calmer once you’re done.
Our everyday lives can tend to be quite stressful and agitated, making us accumulate a lot of tension that leads to pain and discomfort. Yoga can help us feel better, by practicing a few easy poses on an everyday basis.
Sacrifice no more than 30 minutes every day for your yoga practice and you start feeling great in a very short while.
Don’t allow stress, tension, and pain to be part of your life. Change all of this now with the help of efficient yoga poses.